Started in 1855 and finished in 1856 by George W. Gregg, the Octagon House is a 164-year-old house that has seen a lot of change take place in Pickaway County – one change being that the house itself was moved to an entirely new location in an effort to save it from being destroyed when the Walmart Supercenter was being built. During that time a group of concerned citizens organized from the Roundtown Conservancy to save and move the beautiful structure to its current home at 440 Crites Road. Located on approximately 2 acres, members of the community and past and current members of the Conservancy have worked over the years on countless improvements to move toward the final goal of restoring the building to what it looked like in the mid to late 1850s.
The house is open periodically for tours and is actively working to restore the building to its former glory.
440 Crites Drive Circleville, Ohio 43113